Monday, November 3, 2008

It's the final week of our school year!

The great thing about homeschooling is that you can begin or end a school year anytime. Last autumn, I read through all of the Papaya's books we received from Sonlight's Core P4/5, and created my own 36 week (180 day) schedule and Instructor's Guide. I beefed up the science program, created an "Around the World" theme, organized the rest of the stories & poems thematically, and added in a couple of books and an atlas. In January, after the worst of my debilitating morning sickness was over, we began the schedule I created, as well as starting Sonlight's Language Arts K 36 week program and the accompanying workbooks.

Well, this is our 36th week, and we will complete both programs by Thursday! Considering I had a baby in May, this feels like quite an accomplishment! We'll go into town on Thursday and stay there a few nights, celebrating with some special treats and maybe some swimming at the new Aquaplex. Then, next Monday, we'll start our new year, using the curriculum listed in the sidebar.

It's been a fun first year for all of us, and I'm excited about starting our next year!

No comments: